Hyperspace Theories: The Mandalorian, Chapters 1-3
For the latest episode of Hyperspace Theories, Tricia Barr and B.J. Priester discuss the first three episodes of Star Wars: The Mandalorian, now available on the Disney+ streaming service. The untitled premiere episode, Chapter Two: The Child, and Chapter Three: The Sun collectively form the introductory story arc for the as-yet-unnamed titular character.
In addition to the character development of the Mandalorian, we consider his interactions with the Bounty Hunter Guild and his Mandalorian clan, as well as his backstory flashback to the Clone Wars. And no conversation about these episodes would be complete without addressing the small green alien in the room: Baby Yoda.
We conclude our discussion by looking ahead to the final five episodes of the first season, in particular anticipating the arrival of Gina Carano’s Cara Dune and Ming Na Wen’s Fennec Shand.
- ‘The Mandalorian’ Director: Baby Yoda ‘Steals the Show’ (New York Times, Nov. 22, 2019)
- Why ‘The Mandalorian’ episodes are short and arrive on Disney+ once a week (CNBC, Nov. 26, 2019)
- The Armorer: Unmasking The Mandalorian‘s Mysterious Blacksmith (Vanity Fair, Nov. 22, 2019)
- The Mandalorian: Deborah Chow Reveals the Inspiration For the Baby Yoda Rescue (Vanity Fair, Nov. 22, 2019)
- Baby Yoda Has Conquered the World (Vanity Fair, Nov. 26, 2019)
- Fangirls Going Rogue: Priority Transmission #14: The Mandalorian Interviews: Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni
- Fangirls Going Rogue: Priority Transmission #15: The Mandalorian Cast Interviews
- Fangirls Going Rogue: Priority Transmission #16: The Mandalorian Press Conference
- Hyperspace Theories: Twitter @HyperspacePod
- Tricia Barr: Twitter @FANgirlcantina; email Tricia@fangirlblog.com
- B.J. Priester: Twitter @RedPenofLex; email Lex@fangirlblog.com
- Kay: Twitter @Geek_Kay; email Kay@fangirlblog.com
- Hyperspace Theories: The Mandalorian Season Three Begins By Exploring Identity - March 24, 2023
- Fangirls Going Rogue: Katee Sackhoff on Bo-Katan - March 14, 2023
- Fangirls Going Rogue Speak to Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, and Rick Famuyiwa - March 13, 2023