Star Wars has teamed again with Omaze to offer fans a chance to win a trip to The Force Awakens premiere and meet the cast. Harrison Ford brings fangirl tears to my eyes as he breaks the news to past Omaze donors, even offering to introduce one Chewie fangirl to his onscreen sidekick.
This event supports charities picked by the cast:
- Africa Cancer Foundation — working to promote the prevention of cancer and to provide holistic solutions for people affected by cancer in Africa. Nominated by Lupita Nyong’o.
- Arts in the Armed Forces (AITAF) — bridging the cultural gap between the United States Armed Forces and the performing arts communities by bringing the best modern American theater to the military free of charge. Nominated by Adam Driver.
- Barnardo’s UK — giving the most vulnerable and disadvantaged children the chance to reach their full potential regardless of the issues they’ve faced in their lives. Nominated by Andy Serkis.
- Central London Samaritans — providing emotional support for vulnerable people to alleviate feelings of distress and despair. Nominated by Anthony Daniels.
- Damilola Taylor Trust — providing inner-city youths with opportunities to play, learn and live their lives free of fear and violence. Nominated by John Boyega.
- fStop Warrior Project — using digital photography to help wounded warriors successfully transition to the civilian world after medical retirement from the military. Nominated by Harrison Ford.
- Feeding America – working to feed America’s hungry through a nationwide network of 200 food banks and engaging the U.S. in the fight to end hunger. Nominated by Mark Hamill.
- Make-A-Wish — making wishes come true every day for children suffering from life-threatening illnesses. Nominated by Peter Mayhew.
- Malala Fund — empowering girls through education to achieve their potential and create change in their communities. Nominated by J.J. Abrams.
- PACER Center — expanding opportunities for children and youth with all disabilities, including mental health challenges such as depression and anxiety. Nominated by Carrie Fisher.
- Phab — creating opportunities for children and adults of all abilities to enjoy life together. Nominated by Daisy Ridley.
- St. Francis Hospice, Raheny — providing specialist palliative care to patients living in north Dublin city and county. Nominated by Domhnall Gleeson.
- The Circle — working to achieve its vision of equality for women and girls in a fairer world. Nominated by Gwendoline Christie.
- UNICEF — ensuring all children get a healthy start in life and have opportunities to reach their full potential. Nominated by Kathleen Kennedy.
- Union of Concerned Scientists — advancing science-based solutions for our planet’s most pressing problems—from combating global warming to developing sustainable ways to feed, power, and transport ourselves. Nominated by Oscar Isaac.
There are two more weeks left in this amazing campaign with a grand prize that includes:
- Two grand prize winners
- Each winner will receive 4 tickets to meet the cast, walk the red carpet, and attend the premiere of Star Wars: The Force Awakens in London or L.A.
- Winners + guests will enjoy free flights to the premiere and a stay in a 4-star hotel
- Fangirls Going Rogue Discusses Cobb Vanth on The Mandalorian - November 12, 2020
- REVIEW: The Empire Strikes Back From A Certain Point Of View - November 10, 2020
- Hyperspace Theories: The Mandalorian – Clan of Two - October 26, 2020