This month the Fangirls Going Rogue conversation crosses into a wide-ranging discussion of current movies and trends, from Guardians of the Galaxy to the upcoming Wonder Woman. Join Teresa Delgado, Sarah Woloski, and Tricia Barr as they discuss the future of Star Wars! The character discussion takes an unusual turn as the fangirls ponder the building blocks of characterization using the new LEGO Star Wars The Freemaker Adventures animated shorts as the springboard.
What were we excited about?
- New York Times article on merchandising making up for slumping movie ticket sales
- Rebel Rising and Guardian of the Whills from Disney Publishing
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 2 has a lot of similarities to The Empire Strikes Back (via io9)
- The possibilities of an Obi-Wan Kenobi movie (via Jedi News)
- Why are those Star Trek Discovery costumes so similar to Rey’s costume? (via Johnamarie Macias)
- Star Wars baby names (via Forbes)
- You’ll want to watch The Freemaker Adventures shorts on Youtube starting with “Home One” after our character discussion
- Looking for Leia Kickstarter
- Fangirls Going Rogue interview with The Freemaker Adventure‘s Bill Motz and Bob Roth
- Sarah Woloski meets Ashley Eckstein and Ashley Taylor
- Her Universe Wonder Woman collection
- Elhoffer Design’s Scavenger Cape
- Skywalking Through Neverland 168 with the Star Wars Visual Encyclopedia Book Tour
- Future of Star Wars films (via /Film)
- Carrie Beck’s interview on the Star Wars Show
- Ewok earrings (via Galactic Fashion)
- Skywalking Through Neverland 170
- Hyperspace Theories Live from Celebration Orlando
As always reviews and rating are our life blood. If you enjoyed this episode take a moment to leave a review and share it on social media.
Thanks for listening, and until next time: Yub yub!
- Fangirls Going Rogue: @FGGoingRogue
- Tricia: @fangirlcantina
- Teresa: @icecoldpenguin
- Sarah: @JediTink
- Sandra: @geekchic9
- Facebook: Fangirls Going Rogue
- Instagram: @FGGoingRogue
- Tumblr: fangirlsgoingrogue.tumblr.com
- Instagram: @FGGoingRogue
- Voicemail: 331-21 Ewoks or 331-213-9657 (or hit that cool Voicemail button on the website)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (or use our Contact page)
- T-shirts: at our Tee Public Store
If you enjoyed the show, leave us a review on your favorite podcatcher and share the episode with friends. Until next time: Yub! Yub!
Tricia Barr's novel, Wynde, won the 2014 Independent Publisher Book Award Gold Medal for Best Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror Ebook. She was also part of Silence in the Library's successful all-female creator science fiction and fantasy anthology Athena's Daughters, which is available now. For excerpts and tales of her adventures in creating a fictional universe, hop over to TriciaBarr.com.