The Marvel Model, Lightsabers and #MortisArcLive on Fangirls Going Rogue #32
Fangirls Going Rogue is now an award-winning podcast thanks to our merry band of listeners! We are so excited to be a fan-favorite podcasting ensemble since teamwork has always been part of our message. Come join the celebration in our latest episode.
So much has happened since Episode 31. The Rogue One trailer released, Disney XD previewed Lego Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures, and Sarah Woloski earned the Kessel Run medal for conquering the Disneyland and Disney World runDisney events. Teresa Delgado helped break down the news, and Tricia Barr shared insights into her first 5K and reading Star Wars: Bloodline. Be sure to tune into Skywalking Through Neverland Episode 118 to hear more about the listener meet-up.
After a fun and rousing discussion on Twitter about The Clone Wars Mortis arc, Fangirls Going Rogue takes a deep dive into storytelling themes and symbolism. Inspired by last month’s podcast discussion on the Star Wars Rebel finale, Tricia Barr leads an exploration of duality in Star Wars, from good versus evil to selflessness versus selfishness. Can a selfish choice be a good choice? Can a selfless choice be wrong? Is the balance of the Force simply the natural cycle of life and death, as revealed through the tree shedding its leaves and blooming anew on Mortis as the Daughter dies so Ahsoka can live? The tree inspires the Fangirls to ponder other stories where similar symbolism can be found, such as Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Pocahontas, and Snow White. Want to continue the conversation? You can, using the hashtag #MortisArcLive.
An article on Birth Movies Death about Captain America: Civil War storytellers taking inspiration from The Empire Strikes Back sparked opinions on what lessons Star Wars can take from the successful Marvel model. We want to hear your thoughts. Tell us on Twitter.
Teresa went outside the box again for another unique characters discussion. Is a lightsaber a character? We have thoughts, and we bet our listeners do too.
We are now on Google Play for Android users. As always reviews and rating are our life blood. Thanks for listening, and until next time: Yub yub!
- Check out all the winners in the 2016 Star Wars Podcast Awards
- Galactic Fashion 11
- Hyperspace Theories: The Music of The Force Awakens with Special Guest Sarah Woloski
- Tricia’s aricle Metaphors of Mortis
- Adjua Adama’s article on the symbols of Mortis
- Fangirls Going Rogue: @FGGoingRogue
- Tricia: @fangirlcantina
- Teresa: @icecoldpenguin
- Sarah: @JediTink
- Sandra: @geekchic9
- Facebook: Fangirls Going Rogue
- Instagram: @FGGoingRogue
- Tumblr: fangirlsgoingrogue.tumblr.com
- Instagram: @FGGoingRogue
- Voicemail: 331-21 Ewoks or 331-213-9657 (or hit that cool Voicemail button on the website)
- Email: email@example.com (or use our Contact page)
If you enjoyed the show, leave us a review on your favorite podcatcher and share the episode with friends. Until next time: Yub! Yub!
- Best of Celebration Europe on Fangirls Going Rogue - April 24, 2023
- Hyperspace Theories: The Mandalorian Season Three Begins By Exploring Identity - March 24, 2023
- Fangirls Going Rogue: Katee Sackhoff on Bo-Katan - March 14, 2023