- On April 29th the cast of Episode VII was announced by Lucasfilm with a black and white image from the table read. Daisy Ridley is positioned between Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher.
- The Hollywood Reporter has published an article giving insights into the Episode VII casting process. It says,” Although Abrams began meetings as early as August, sources say he didn’t cast the British newcomer Ridley — one of the first leads to be chosen — until February.”
- From the Mirror, which calls her part “half-royalty, half-action hero,” we hear from her father.
Dad Chris, a 73-year-old photographer and father of five, said Daisy landed the Star Wars role very recently.
“They take out an option on you, they sign you and narrow it down. There are various stages,” he revealed. “Then it goes the other way and there is a result. But I’ve been sworn to secrecy.”
The proud dad says Daisy is already developing a close working relationship with her most famous co-star.
“She came home and said she’d had coffee with Harrison Ford and he said, ‘Don’t call me Mr Ford! Call me Harrison’,” said Chris.
“He’s a very sweet guy, though he looks terribly grumpy. She said he looks much better than he does in films and he’s a much nicer guy.”
Asked if Daisy was a Star Wars fan her dad said: “She is now!”
Last updated: May 1 at Noon EST
Tricia Barr's novel, Wynde, won the 2014 Independent Publisher Book Award Gold Medal for Best Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror Ebook. She was also part of Silence in the Library's successful all-female creator science fiction and fantasy anthology Athena's Daughters, which is available now. For excerpts and tales of her adventures in creating a fictional universe, hop over to TriciaBarr.com.
Latest posts by Fangirl (see all)
- Words of Wisdom From The Mandalorian Directors - May 8, 2020
- Hyperspace Theories: The Clone Wars Season 7 – Ahsoka and the Martez Sisters - April 30, 2020
- Get Ready for Star Wars Book Club – GIVEAWAY! - April 27, 2020