I’m going to stop wondering how each month could possibly be better, and just accept that it’s so. It appears the rising trend in readership isn’t just attributable to attending a convention as large as San Diego Comic-Con, but rather a steady movement of people looking for like-minded fans. Over the past month, between comments on the blog and direct emails from numerous individuals, the feedback has been phenomenal from fans who are looking for a change in the discussion about Star Wars fandom and in how the books franchise specifically treats us as customers. Not only has the individual readership increased markedly again this month, but the Cantina has increased its membership of both male and female Star Wars fans.
A lot of really great things are happening in September, some of which I’ll preview below and others I can’t quite talk about yet. You’ll see some guest bloggers this month, and I hope to continue to allow more fans an opportunity to have their voices heard.
The Clone Wars Season 4 – Mark your calendars for September 16th at 8:00 p.m. on Cartoon Network. From everything I’ve seen and heard, I can’t wait to see how the season dubbed Battle Lines shapes up. Yes, I will be blogging extensively on the premiere. If you haven’t watched up until now, I suggest you pull up a chair and give the show a try.
Star Wars: The Complete Saga Blu-Ray – Not only do we get more of The Clone Wars, but also the long-anticipated release of the Star Wars: The Complete Saga Blu-Ray also on September 16th. I’ve been previewing the 40 hours of extras on the iPhone, and they look great. Tons of great bonus material, plus all six movies in Blu-Ray quality.
Star Wars: Heir to the Empire 20th Anniversary Edition – From Suvudu.com, we know that the 20th anniversary edition will “feature an introduction by Mr. Zahn, annotations to the text by Mr. Zahn and the book’s original editor Betsy Mitchell, and an all new short story featuring characters from the book.” The Thrawn Trilogy, of which HTTE is the first book, recently made NPR’s list of the Top 100 Science Fiction and Fantasy novels of all time. Look for the book in stores on September 6th.
FANgirl Blog’s First Anniversary – September marks one year for FANgirl Blog. As the date approaches, I thought it would be interesting to look back at my original goals for the blog and reflect on my successes and reconsider my shortcomings. As part of the celebration, look for more announcements regarding my upcoming novel, including the title…
Here are a few of the other things we’re looking forward to in September:
Star Wars Books
- Heir to the Empire Twentieth Anniversary Edition – September 6th
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season Nine #1 – September 14th
Fall Television Season
- Ringer – premieres Tuesday, September 13th at 9pm on The CW
- The Vampire Diaries – returns Thursday, September 15th at 8pm on The CW
- The Secret Circle – premieres Thursday, September 15th at 9pm on The CW
- Castle – returns Monday, September 19th at 10pm on ABC
- Glee – returns Tuesday, September 20th at 8pm on Fox
- The Big Bang Theory – returns Thursday, September 22nd at 8pm on CBS
- Charlie’s Angels – premieres Thursday, September 22nd at 8pm on ABC
- Person of Interest – premieres Thursday, September 22nd at 9pm on CBS
- Nikita – returns Friday, September 23rd at 8pm on The CW
- Fringe – returns Friday, September 23rd at 9pm on Fox
- Supernatural – returns Friday, September 23rd at 9pm on The CW
- Terra Nova – premieres Monday, September 26th at 8pm on Fox
Latest posts by Administrator (see all)
- Fangirls Going Rogue Talk Ahsoka’s On Her Own Arc - April 22, 2020
- Get Ready For The Mandalorian Tomorrow! - November 11, 2019
- Fangirls Going Rogue LIVE from Celebration Chicago - April 21, 2019