The Clone Wars has reached its end. On this month’s episode of Hyperspace Theories, we react to the series-concluding story arc: the long-awaited Siege of Mandalore. Joining Tricia Barr and B.J. Priester for this episode is Teresa Delgado, Tricia’s co-host on Fangirls Going Rogue and major fangirl of Ahsoka Tano’s principal adversary in these episodes, the former Sith named Maul.
After sharing our thoughts on the brief appearances of Anakin Skywalker in “Old Friends Not Forgotten” and Obi-Wan Kenobi in that episode and by hologram in the next, our focus turns to the key characters whose stories culminate in the finale arc: Ahsoka, Maul, and Captain Rex. The dialogue between Ahsoka and Maul in “The Phantom Apprentice” reveals much about where their characters have been and who they have become, and their lightsaber duel has many memorable features. The following episode, “Shattered,” confronts Ahsoka and Rex with the tragedy of Order 66, and the former Jedi’s desperate actions to try to help her friend – including one last banter-filled sequence with Maul in the process. We also discuss our reactions to the last episode, “Victory and Death,” and its brief concluding epilogue with first Ahsoka and then Darth Vader, making his first and only appearance in The Clone Wars animated series.
In addition to talking about the Siege of Mandalore episodes on their own terms, we also explore the implications of The Clone Wars and its revival for the future of Star Wars storytelling, including the lessons we hope the franchise has learned from the series and its reception by the fans.
- Hyperspace Theories: Twitter @HyperspacePod
- Tricia Barr: Twitter @FANgirlcantina; email Tricia@fangirlblog.com
- B.J. Priester: Twitter @RedPenofLex; email Lex@fangirlblog.com
- Teresa Delgado: Twitter @icecoldpenguin
- Foresight: Speculating Wanda’s Present By Looking To Her Future - March 3, 2021
- WandaVision: Witch Way Is The Story Going? - February 25, 2021
- The Power in Wanda: A Search For Clues In WandaVision - February 11, 2021