It’s summer and the Force has awakened at Disney World. The new Star Wars fireworks may not begin until June 17th, but you will find them on this month’s episode of Fangirls Going Rogue.
The discussion kicks off with Teresa Delgado asking Tricia Barr and Sarah Woloski their thoughts on the Rogue One re-shoots. Luckily we’ll know more about the movie come July when Celebration Europe happens. Tricia offers more news on her appearances at the convention, including a panel Friday on the STEM Heroes and Heroines of Star Wars!
There was a lot of love Chewbacca Mom Candace Payne and the new Star Wars Show at starwars.com. Not only did J.J. Abrams blow Chewbacca Mom’s mind by a personal visit, he spoke to young female filmmakers this month. Dave Filoni told guests at the National Conference on Woman and IT about how he has worked to include the presence of women in Star Wars. While things are looking up for women in storytelling, Geena Davis reminds everyone that the numbers still haven’t improved since 1946 and that we need to keep speaking up about diversity.
Listeners wanted to know our hopes and dreams for Star Wars Rebels Season 3. Tune in to find out what we think!
The heart of this episode is a fun interview with Star Wars veteran voice actress Cat Taber. Learn about her experience on The Force Awakens.
The character discussion asks questions about the Inquisitors.
We are now on Google Play for Android users. As always reviews and rating are our life blood. Thanks for listening, and until next time: Yub yub!
- Find Fangirls Going Rogue at the Celebration Europe Podcast Stage.
- Hyperspace Theories Episode 18 on Star Wars: Bloodline
- Skywalking Through Neverland Episode 121 with Tricia Barr
- RebelForce Radio June 10 meet-up with Teresa Delgado
- Fangirls Going Rogue: @FGGoingRogue
- Tricia: @fangirlcantina
- Teresa: @icecoldpenguin
- Sarah: @JediTink
- Sandra: @geekchic9
- Cat Taber: @cattaber
- Facebook: Fangirls Going Rogue
- Instagram: @FGGoingRogue
- Tumblr: fangirlsgoingrogue.tumblr.com
- Instagram: @FGGoingRogue
- Voicemail: 331-21 Ewoks or 331-213-9657 (or hit that cool Voicemail button on the website)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (or use our Contact page)
- Tshirts: At our Tee Public Store
If you enjoyed the show, leave us a review on your favorite podcatcher and share the episode with friends. Until next time: Yub! Yub!
— Skywalking Neverland (@SkywalkingPod) June 1, 2016
Tricia Barr's novel, Wynde, won the 2014 Independent Publisher Book Award Gold Medal for Best Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror Ebook. She was also part of Silence in the Library's successful all-female creator science fiction and fantasy anthology Athena's Daughters, which is available now. For excerpts and tales of her adventures in creating a fictional universe, hop over to TriciaBarr.com.
Latest posts by Fangirl (see all)
- Hyperspace Theories Episode 42: Playing In The Sandbox - January 22, 2019
- Fangirls Going Rogue Talk Mental Health - January 21, 2019
- Movie Review: Bumblebee - December 15, 2018