August is a month of Star Wars anticipation, with Force Friday merchandise and book releases right around the corner and the release of The Force Awakens now only a few months away.
D23 Expo – Although it comes a few months after Star Wars Celebration, the biannual Disney fan convention is expected to unveil significant Star Wars-related news this year. In addition to The Force Awakens and Rogue One at the live-action movie panel, the Disney Parks panel also will be one to watch.
Hyperspace Theories – What does The Force Awakens have in common with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? For speculation purposes, more than you might think – because both films underwent major script changes during the production process. Ryan Hurley of Turtle Power podcast joins the episode to share his experience following spoilers and rumors from the development, filming, reshoots, and editing of TMNT. With Episode VII transitioning from the George Lucas and Michael Arndt treatment to the J.J. Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan script, rumors and speculation for The Force Awakens must be considered in that light.
Here are a few of the other things we’re looking forward to in August:
New Star Wars Comics
- Darth Vader #8 – August 5th
- Star Wars #4 – August 19th
- Kanan: The Last Padawan #5 – August 19th
- Lando #3 – August 26th
- The Man From U.N.C.L.E. – August 14th
Latest posts by Administrator (see all)
- Fangirls Going Rogue LIVE from Celebration Chicago - April 21, 2019
- Suzie McGrath Talks Playing Tam Ryvora on Fangirls Going Rogue - March 26, 2019
- Fangirls Going Rogue Dives Into Star Wars Television News and More - November 28, 2018