It’s been an exciting week for those following the Star Wars Books Facebook page:
- The Essential Guide to Warfare by Jason Fry went on sale Tuesday with some great reviews from Knights Archive, Roqoo Depot, and Lightsaber Rattling. Pete Morrison from Lightsaber Rattling tweeted that it’s “better than kissing a Wookiee.” We won’t tell Chewbacca he said that. For fans interested in chatting with the author, Fry will be answering questions on the Star Wars Books Facebook page next Wednesday at 3:00 p.m. Eastern.
- The page hit 30,000 Likes this week. Congrats to the Del Rey team for reaching the milestone. The fans have much to celebrate, too, because the giddiness has the editors spilling the beans on all sorts of goodies.
- Erich Schoeneweiss noted Wednesday that he had received some more of the artwork for the upcoming Essential Reader’s Companion by Pablo Hidalgo and asked fans what they’d like to see. These questions are your chance as a fan to make yourself heard, so don’t be afraid to tell them what you’d like to see. As part of the milestone celebration, Erich shared four new pictures from the book.
- Troy Denning joined fans for a Facebook chat on Wednesday afternoon. If you don’t want to wade through the nearly 200 comments, Roqoo Depot summarized the Q&A and ClubJade has a more condensed recap with spoilers separated out at the end. If you’re interested in a more detailed discussion of Fate of the Jedi: Apocalypse, check out Denning’s interview with Eric Geller on Suvudu.
- Amid that chat, Erich gave confirmation of the honeymooning couple in the upcoming Star Wars Insider Issue 134. Unfortunately Booba Fett/Tahiiri ‘shippers will have to wait a while longer, as it has been confirmed the lovebirds will be Jaina and Jag. Be still my fangirl heart… and in celebration let’s all dance like Han Solo.
[T]he SW adventure will continue after FotJ in the novels and in short stories. We’re actively working on a number of stories. We’re simply not ready to discuss them yet. News will be coming soon. Star Wars Insider #134 on sale this summer will contain a short story that picks up right after Apocalypse and features Jaina and Jag. (ES)
- Speaking of Han Solo – you know, that lovable smuggler who we all know shot first – Del Rey shared an excerpt from Timothy Zahn’s upcoming novel Scoundrels. You’ve got to read this to believe it. When you’re done, stop by Zahn’s Facebook page and tell him how much you liked it. He’s in the homestretch of writing, and authors always get a big boost from friendly words of encouragement.
- Last but not least, they also posted a much longer excerpt from Jeff Grubb’s Scourge, which goes on sale April 24.
Now that we’ve dined like Hutts on Star Wars EU news, I need a nap.
Tricia Barr's novel, Wynde, won the 2014 Independent Publisher Book Award Gold Medal for Best Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror Ebook. She was also part of Silence in the Library's successful all-female creator science fiction and fantasy anthology Athena's Daughters, which is available now. For excerpts and tales of her adventures in creating a fictional universe, hop over to TriciaBarr.com.
Latest posts by Fangirl (see all)
- Hyperspace Theories Episode 42: Playing In The Sandbox - January 22, 2019
- Fangirls Going Rogue Talk Mental Health - January 21, 2019
- Movie Review: Bumblebee - December 15, 2018