At the Huffington Post, author Carrie Goldman invites everyone to participate in the fifth annual Wear Star Wars Share Star Wars event on December 19th, 2014. This event is a great way to affirm that Star Wars is for everyone.
Here’s how you can celebrate:
1. Wear something Star Wars or science fiction-related on December 19.
2. Donate a Star Wars or science fiction toy to a child in need (but please put a post-it note on the new, unwrapped toy specifying that it can go to a girl or a boy; otherwise, these traditional “boy toys” will be given only to boys). You can bring the toy to a hospital, a shelter or drop it off with any charitable organization collecting toys.
3. Join Wear Star Wars Share Star Wars on Facebook! And participate on Twitter with #WearStarWars2014
The first Wear Star Wars Share Star Wars Day was held to support Goldman’s daughter Katie who had been bullied for liking Star Wars. Here at FANgirl, we think it’s an easy and effective to support your fellow fangirls.
Tricia Barr took her understanding of brand management and marketing, mixed it with a love of genre storytelling, and added a dash of social media flare to create FANgirl Blog, where she discusses Star Wars, fandom, and strong female characters. She is one of four authors on the upcoming Ultimate Star Wars from DK Publishing, has written several feature pieces for Star Wars Insider magazine and is a contributor for Her Universe’s Year of the Fangirl. Her FANgirl opinions can be heard on the podcasts Hyperspace Theories and RebelForce Radio Presents Fangirls Going Rogue.
Tricia Barr’s novel, Wynde, won the 2014 Independent Publisher Book Award Gold Medal for Best Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror Ebook. She was also part of Silence in the Library’s successful all-female creator science fiction and fantasy anthology Athena’s Daughters, which is available now. For excerpts and tales of her adventures in creating a fictional universe, hop over to TriciaBarr.com.
Tricia Barr's novel, Wynde, won the 2014 Independent Publisher Book Award Gold Medal for Best Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror Ebook. She was also part of Silence in the Library's successful all-female creator science fiction and fantasy anthology Athena's Daughters, which is available now. For excerpts and tales of her adventures in creating a fictional universe, hop over to TriciaBarr.com.
Latest posts by Fangirl (see all)
- The Clone Wars: Can You Dive Into The Final Season? - February 20, 2020
- Hyperspace Theories: The Mandalorian, Chapters 1-3 - November 30, 2019
- Hyperspace Theories 48: The Rise of Skywalker Trailer Reaction - October 26, 2019