Athena’s Daughters, the most successful prose anthology on Kickstarter ever, will be published in July 2014 and is available for pre-order. Now for those interested in participating in a project as amazing as the first, Silence in the Library has an open call for submissions.
Silence in the Library Publishing is holding an open call for submissions to the all women Speculative Fiction anthology Athena’s Daughters vol. 2 from June 1st to July 1st, 2014.
- Athena’s Daughters II is an open-call anthology.
- Stories must be written by women.
- Stories must have a woman as the main character.
- Stories must be science fiction, fantasy, or horror genres and their sub-genres.
- Preferred story length: 3,000 – 6,000 words.
- Pay is based on the money raised through the Kickstarter, with all authors getting an equal share of the net revenue. Please see the previous kickstarter for Athena’s Daughters vol. 1 here.
- Publisher: Silence in the Library Publishing
- Guidelines: All stories should come in as Word or .rtf attachments and must include the author’s name and contact information on the submission. Use italics instead of underlines, no fancy fonts (Palatino is preferred), 12pt, double spaced. Include a one-paragraph author’s bio, listing website and social media, and a headshot.
- Stories must conform to the “Indiana Jones” rule of thumb regarding, sex, violence, language, drug use, etc. We try to keep things here appropriate for most audiences, so if it’s something you’d conceivably see in an Indiana Jones story, it should be fine (i.e., melting faces are okay, F-bombs, in general, are not).
- Send submissions to: email@example.com and in the subject please state “Athena’s Daughters II.” In the body of the email please include a short summary/pitch of your story.
- Stories MUST be complete. Partial or incomplete submissions will not be read.
- Submission window is June 1-July 1. Stories received outside the window will not be read.
- Stories not conforming with the above guidelines will not be read.
Tricia has completed her first novel, Wynde – a military science fiction with a fantastical twist that features heroines Vespa and Gemini. For excerpts and tales of her adventures in creating a fictional universe, hop over to TriciaBarr.com.
Tricia Barr's novel, Wynde, won the 2014 Independent Publisher Book Award Gold Medal for Best Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror Ebook. She was also part of Silence in the Library's successful all-female creator science fiction and fantasy anthology Athena's Daughters, which is available now. For excerpts and tales of her adventures in creating a fictional universe, hop over to TriciaBarr.com.
Latest posts by Fangirl (see all)
- The Clone Wars: Can You Dive Into The Final Season? - February 20, 2020
- Hyperspace Theories: The Mandalorian, Chapters 1-3 - November 30, 2019
- Hyperspace Theories 48: The Rise of Skywalker Trailer Reaction - October 26, 2019