In the October episode of Hyperspace Theories, Tricia Barr, B.J. Priester, and Geek Kay share our reactions to the newly released full-length theatrical trailer for The Force Awakens. We also connect the images, dialogue, and music in the trailer to our earlier episodes and speculations about the movie.
- The Force Awakens trailer on YouTube
- preview commercials for Monday Night Football (YouTube): characters highlighted, Rey sees TIE flyover, Poe and Finn, and BB-8,
- isolated musical score from trailer (via Skywalking Through Neverland)
- analysis of trailer music by Ali Arikan at Slate
- report on trailer music composition by Peter Sciretta at /Film
- Daisy Ridley’s trailer reaction video on Instagram
- John Boyega’s trailer reaction video on Facebook
- Full of Sith trailer reaction special, with the “Seven Samurai” of Star Wars podcasting
- results of starwars.com poll on fans’ favorite Star Wars movie
- fan theory on origin of Kylo Ren’s name on YouTube
- Tricia’s article on Han Solo for Star Wars Insider #158 highlighted at starwars.com
Hyperspace Theories is on Twitter @HyperspacePod!
Kay tweets @Geek_Kay.
B.J. is @RedPenofLex on Twitter.
Buying tickets to see The Force Awakens through the Fandango banner link at the bottom of the page helps support FANgirl Blog.
Tricia Barr's novel, Wynde, won the 2014 Independent Publisher Book Award Gold Medal for Best Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror Ebook. She was also part of Silence in the Library's successful all-female creator science fiction and fantasy anthology Athena's Daughters, which is available now. For excerpts and tales of her adventures in creating a fictional universe, hop over to TriciaBarr.com.
Latest posts by Fangirl (see all)
- Hyperspace Theories Episode 42: Playing In The Sandbox - January 22, 2019
- Fangirls Going Rogue Talk Mental Health - January 21, 2019
- Movie Review: Bumblebee - December 15, 2018