To recap some of this week’s highlights:
- Lionsgate announced that The Hunger Games will also be showing on IMAX screens during its first week of release.
- Fifty different websites, including Yahoo! Movie’s Twitter contest (ending February 29), are marking the countdown with giveaways of pairs of tickets to the world premiere on March 12 in Los Angeles. Check the hashtag #HungerGames50 for other sites, as well.
- Yahoo! also has a new trailer for the film, with some new clips we haven’t seen before. Keep out an eye for it during the Super Bowl pregame show on Sunday.
- The official Facebook page has been posting images from the film as teasers for fans.
- There’s also a Facebook social game, “The Hunger Games Adventures,” launching soon. The game will include the first look at the official map of Panem and the locations of the twelve Districts.
- The Hollywood Reporter published a great feature piece, “The High Stakes Behind ‘Hunger Games.'”
- Entertainment Weekly has a fascinating brief article describing how actor Donald Sutherland’s passion for his role, President Snow, led director Gary Ross to write two additional scenes for the character.
Advance tickets for The Hunger Games go on sale on Wednesday, February 22.
Shortly after Geek Girl Con, I blogged about Kristy Flanagan’s amazing upcoming documentary. Originally called “History of the Universe as Told by Wonder Woman,” it’s now been retitled “Wonder Women! The Untold Story of American Superheroines” – and its world premiere has been announced for the South by Southwest film festival (SXSW) in Austin, Texas, in March. You can support the documentary on its Kickstarter page, and follow the latest news about it on its official Facebook page and on Twitter.
Keep up the great work, Kristy – I can’t wait to see the finished film!