Dee Bradley Baker On Growing With The Clones
In The Bad Batch Episode 3 “The Solitary Clone” Commander Cody returns to animation and fans finally know his plight after he complies with Order 66 in Revenge of the Sith and fires on his Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi. In an interview with StarWars.com, Dee Bradley Baker, the voice behind the Bad Batch and all the clones, discusses Cody’s decision to leave behind his life in the clone army:
“He is faced with the reality on the ground of what’s actually transpiring, of what’s unfolding. Well, as the fans know, and I think love, about the clones, is that the clones exist in a moral universe. They know right and wrong and fair and unfair, just and unjust, and they want the best. And when they see it, they have the humanity and the intelligence to start to inspect the contrary of what may have always been said or believed. So here we have Cody, coming face-to-face now with the reality of what he has signed into, or what he stayed loyal to, as well as Crosshair,” Baker says. “And so both of these guys are starting to see, very directly and movingly, what’s up, in a way that cannot be denied, excused, or turned away from.”
The clones post- Order 66, when they take in more information, is ripe for exploration of morality. The clones were designed to flash learn: essentially absorb information and process it quickly into useful information. The answer to the question of whether the clones can overcome the implanted chip’s programming seems to be yes.
Fangirls Going Rogue had a chance to join a roundtable and talk to Baker about Season 2.
The Bad Batch doesn’t exist without Dee Bradley Baker putting his spin on Hunter, Echo, Tech, Wrecker, and Crosshair. In advance of Season 2, he sat down with a roundtable of Star Wars media to talk about bringing Clone Force 99 to life.
Be sure to check out Fangirls Going Rogue’s interviews with showrunners Brad Rau and Jenniifer Corbett and the voice of Omega Michelle Ang.
Thanks to our fellow Star Wars fan podcasters on the roundtable: Jedi News, Skywalking Through Neverland, Father Son Galaxy, Full of Sith, Skytalkers, Tarkin’s Top Shelf, and Fantha Tracks.
OUR ZOOM DISCUSSIONS CONTINUES FEBRUARY 6th, 2023 at 8PM ET/5PM PT!
- Mothers, Sisters, and Lovers of Andor
- Interview with Charles Murray, director on Tales of the Jedi
- Tricia’s review of The Bad Batch Season 2
- Skywalking Through Neverland The Bad Batch Episodes 2.01 and 2.02
- Hyperspace Theories Andor‘s Ferrix Finale
- Fangirls Going Rogue Twitter | Instagram
- Tricia Barr Twitter | Instagram
- Sarah Woloski Twitter | Instagram
- Sandra Choute Twitter | Instagram
- Facebook Public | Private
- You must answer the 3 questions to join the Private Facebook group!
- Katee Sackhoff Hints At Bo-Katan’s Age in The Mandalorian - March 10, 2023
- Executive Producer Rick Famuyiwa On Complicated Stories in The Mandalorian - March 5, 2023
- Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni on The Mandalorian Season 3 - March 3, 2023