With Rogue One tickets on sale now, the press blitz in advance of the December 16, 2016, release has begun. Four weeks before the premiere, Entertainment Tonight revealed a featurette that highlights the Big Three – Jyn Erso, Cassian Andor and K2-SO – and also clarifies the film’s place on the timeline. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story takes place immediately preceding the events of A New Hope.
Print and online mainstream entertainment sites have also been dribbling new material:
- Entertainment Weekly shared new photos, including a very diverse group (see above) gathered around a conference room table, perhaps the formative moments of the Rebel Alliance.
- The shield gate appears to be the design flaw exploited in this movie.
- LFL President Kathleen Kennedy and Head of Story Kiri Hart spoke with EW‘s Anthony Breznican about planning future movies. The Story Group/Brain Trust will convene in January, after the first stand-alone Star Wars movie is battle-tested.
“Rogue One felt like a great beginning for because they know about the Death Star plans. They know the things that happened in A New Hope,” [Kiri Hart] says. “So it had those familiar elements, those anchor points, but it also was about a completely new set of characters. So it felt like a really good template for the kinds of things that we feel these movies can do.”
- Forbes seems to think the movie will do well with a $130 million opening week.
- Kennedy also shared insight with Variety about the feel of the next stand-alone, the Han Solo movie, which has rounded out its cast with Game of Thrones actress Emilia Clarke.
- ABC teased a special look at Rogue One during its Thanksgiving night Disney special, which you can now watch. “Trust” is one of my favorite TV spots.
- As always Empire magazine is going big with exclusive covers.
- Hyperspace Theories: ANDOR Begins - September 21, 2022
- REVIEW: Andor - September 20, 2022
- ANDOR’s Diego Luna and Genevieve O’Reilly On Fangirls Going Rogue - September 1, 2022