The blog was a little slower in September while I was off in Africa, but October continued its ongoing upward trend thanks to many exciting developments for Star Wars fans and geek girls especially. November is National Novel Writing Month, and I’ll be writing right alongside everyone else with that 50,000 word count in my sights. Good luck, writers!
The ForceCast Clone Wars Roundtable – I guess I didn’t scare Jason too much with my EU cooties, so the guys invited me back for a Roundtable. I’ll be joining them live a week from tonight, Tuesday November 8th, at 10:00 PM Eastern. We’ll be discussing the first half of the much-anticipated Battle of Umbara arc – “Darkness of Umbara” and “The General” – which is already proving incredible, and looks to be some of the best episodes of the season. If you haven’t watched the first episode yet, you can check it out at StarWars.com. I hope you’ll tune in to listen next week. If you miss it live, I’ll post a link for the podcast when it’s available later in the week.
Geek Girl Con reports – I have one completed report on the History of the Universe as Told by Wonder Woman panel at Geek Girl Con and I’ve submitted it to Geek Girl Network for cross-posting. I also have posts planned about the Star Wars EU panel and the overall strong presence of Star Wars cosplay in Seattle.
Reviews, Reviews, Reviews – Currently I’m finishing up Michael Stackpole’s book, Perfectly Invisible, and Lex has his hands on Star Wars: The Blueprints. After that, reviews are in the works for Riptide and Deceived by Paul Kemp.
Time Travel in Star Wars – If you read the Insider or watched video of two fan-favorite EU authors from Fan Days, you might have noticed some talk about time travel. I have some thoughts on the whole matter myself. (Anyone surprised?) The discussion lends itself to a longer blog, but in light of NaNoWriMo I’ll be splitting the topic into several shorter parts to post throughout the month.
Working Title: Almostreadytotell – If you follow my writing discussion thread at the Cantina, you’ll know that my novel has been called WoTA, for Working Title: ________ (I may give up that blanked out name some day, but not any time soon.) 50,000 more words will take me well above 100,000 words, putting the completion of the novel in sight. So with that in mind, I’ve got the book title announcement being designed by a graphic artist. Hopefully the blogosphere won’t go haywire and I can keep the blogs short and sweet so the fiction endeavor can get the love it deserves. Keep checking back to TriciaBarr.com this month for news, excerpts, and the book title reveal.
Here are a few of the other things to look forward to in November:
New Star Wars Books
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan – November 15th
- Star Wars: Shadow Games – November 29th
- Immortals – November 11th
- J. Edgar – November 11th
- The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 1 – November 18th
- Happy Feet Two – November 18th
- The Muppets – November 23rd
New Releases on DVD
- Cars 2 – November 1st
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2 – November 11th
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides – November 15th
- The Lion King – November 15th
- Super 8 – November 22nd
- Conan the Barbarian – November 22nd
- Hyperspace Theories: AHSOKA Tackles the Jedi, the Force, and the Future of Star Wars - October 16, 2023
- Hyperspace Theories: Anakin and Ahsoka Reunite (Sort Of) in AHSOKA’s Belly of the Whale - October 8, 2023
- Hyperspace Theories: Masters, Apprentices, and Witches in AHSOKA Premiere - August 26, 2023